MPower Payments is rewarding users for their loyalty in using its payment services. To achieve this, MPower will be giving out rewards in the form of funds to several account owners.
MPower is an online payments service in Ghana offering a complete end-to-end web and mobile payment transactions solution to enable consumers and businesses to send, spend and receive money.
The rewards have been packaged as a standard amount of GHs100 for selected users who keep an active MPower account. The goal here is to reward active users hence the selected user must have completed at least two transactions within the week of selection.
Transactions performed on MPower currently take place in 3 main ways:
- Users transfer/send money or tokens to other accounts including MPower, bank, and the various mobile wallets of local network operators.
- Users also make payments to merchants:
- Purchasing products from online stores that have integrated MPower as a payment option.
- Paying for services from providers who accept remote payments via MPower.
- Purchases on MPower CornerShop:
- Airtime top-ups for all networks
- Internet bundles purchases
- Utility bills payments
- Vouchers vended by services
Users can also initiate another transaction type by making requests to other account owners via PayPal, mobile money wallets, and MPower tokens using the receive money feature on MPower.
Fees and charges that apply per the various transactions performed are listed on the MPower Service Fees page.
The giveaway/offer, which began on October 30, 2015, is set to run weekly till the end of December this year; coinciding with the gifting tradition of Xmas and New Year holidays.
Selections will be made each Friday and payouts will occur instantly to furnish the recipient’s MPower account with the reward. This amount can be spent in the same way as regular funds on MPower.